Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mac's First Halloween

Last Halloween I was a little over 14 weeks pregnant and we could not stop talking about how much fun it would be to take our baby trick-or-treating this year! Back then, we still didn't even know whether we were having a boy or a girl! That's so fun to think back to.

Here I am last Halloween (with our god-daughter, Delia) and there Macario is, in my belly. *smile*

Mommy-to-be: 14 wks pregnant, Delia: 7+ months old
While I was pregnant we decided not to place a theme on our nursery, but rather to choose a color scheme, however, a theme emerged of jungle animals with an emphasis on monkeys.  We even referred to Macario as a little monkey from time to time while I was pregnant, so when I found a monkey costume in August, I decided it would be perfect!  Aaron might not have been as excited as I was about it, but he went along with me on that one. (What a good husband).

Here is a picture of our little monkey:


For some reason we hadn't realized that Halloween was on a Monday until the weekend before, so as excited as we were to take Macario trick-or-treating and show him off, we almost decided to do nothing because we were worried about getting a late start since we both had to work.

We bit the bullet, though, and decided to take him out for a short while.  Aaron and I met up at my parent's house after he picked Mac up from his mom.  We have been trick-or-treating in my parents' neighborhood the last couple of years because everyone gets into the spirit there which makes for a really fun time. By the time we met up, though, Mac seemed really mellow and I was worried he was too tired and would be cranky while we were out. Still, we dressed him up and headed out to collect our loot!



Surprisingly, enough, Macario LOVED trick-or-treating.  He was kicking his little lets, smiling, and screeching with delight as we went from house to house.

We took a substantially shorter tour around my folks' neighborhood than we usually would have, but it was nice to come back have dinner and settle in for the night.  Macario was up a little later than usual, and even though everyone was still visiting I got him in the bath because I didn't want to push our luck or Macario's patients, by keeping him up any later. He handled everything really well, though, and probably could have lasted a lot longer!
Ending the night with smiles and a bath!
I'm really excited about next year because he will be walking by then and I think it will be adorable to see him make his way from house to house on his own two feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment