On Saturday, Aaron had a meet a couple of hours out of town and had to leave extra early for that, so Macario and I stayed home. When Aaron arrived in the town where the meet was being held, he called me to tell me how cold it was (below freezing) and that made me feel bad for him, but glad for Macario and I, who were warm and cozy at home.
I used the time at home to get ALL of our laundry done and do some cleaning that I haven't really had interest in doing. I was happiest to have a chance to get the laundry done because lately it seems like I am never done with laundry! It's not that we have a ton of laundry (Macario just adds one extra load a week), but after I get a load started, I barely have the energy or desire to switch it over to the dryer. By the time it's done drying I've lost all interest and so the load will sit in the dryer, or on the bed. I am starting this week off on a different foot, though, because I am not starting off behind on laundry. I just hope to keep it that way.
![]() |
| Reading to himself while Mama cleans |
The fact that the time was changing was in the back of my mind all day Saturday. I wasn't sure how Macario would handle the time change and figured he'd be up an hour early (by the clock) on Sunday morning, but Saturday night he seemed to realize that we gaining an extra hour because at the point where he would usually be dozing off, he had a burst of energy and was squirming all over the place. He was taking full advantage of that extra hour. He was a little thrown off by the change, but pretty much adjusted to it all on his own which was a relief to me because I was not sure how I was going to get him on a new schedule.
Sunday, I dressed Macario in his typical 49er get-up and the two of us headed off to church. He did well, as usual, and since mass is held right around the time he has his first nap of the morning he fell asleep in church. After church I took him to visit with my parents which I typically do so that my dad will get a chance to visit with Macario.
![]() |
| Macario and Daddy in 49er gear (photo taken 10/30) |
![]() |
| First Experience with Sippy Cup (photo taken 10/29) |



No comments:
Post a Comment