Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What's for Dinner: Thanksgiving Edition

THANKSGIVING DINNER
courtesy - examiner.com
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! This week I'm dedicating "What's for Dinner" to Thanksgiving. I've been busy preparing my side dishes for the feast.

I have my pumpkin pies baked (sorry, no pictures) and I also have the cranberry sauce made as well as the homemade gravy and I also have my green bean casserole assembled (no pics of that either).


Two tubs o' gravy and a bowl o' cranberry sauce!
Thanks to my dad, I didn't have to make dinner Monday night (yay, Chip*tle gift card!), so I baked the pies instead. Last night I didn't do any Thanksgiving cooking, however, I did make my first batch of homemade baby food.  I made bananas and brown rice which was yummy!  Aaron said it was so tasty he would even eat it for breakfast!
Bananas and Brown Rice
I always planned to make Macario's baby food from scratch, but wanted to figure out what his "safe foods" were before cooking up huge batches of food for him. Now that he has a substantial list of "safe foods" I am going to start making his food versus buying it.

I'll be spending this evening finishing up my mashed potatoes and stuffing and then preparing the sweet potatoes and ham on the Thanksgiving day (I am not responsible for the turkey this year).

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment