What I love most about my little family, is that no matter how rocky the waters of life may be I can garner a sense of peace from spending time my two guys and that is just amazing!
Saturday morning we lazed around the house for a few hours before we headed off to B*rnes and Noble for Macario’s first ever “Storytime” experience. The asterisk in place of the “a” is a trick I learned from another blogger and is meant to make your blog less search-able by removing well-known names.
We arrived a little early and snagged a seat. Macario loved watching as the other kids slowly filed in. He stared at the other kids with his big gorgeous eyes and had a permanent grin on his face as he watched them squirm around the reading circle. He had so much fun and I was very proud that he was so well-behaved (much more so than some of the other kids there, but then again he’s only 6 months). After the woman read the three stories she had selected for that day, we left the circle to find Daddy in the magazine section.
(I could have kicked myself for forgetting to capture a few images of us at Storytime!)
I can’t, for the life of me, remember what the second of the three books she read was called (shows how much I enjoyed it), but I do remember the other two. I especially enjoyed the “Awesome Man” story, particularly the ending. I’m not sure why I didn’t pick up a copy for Macario, but now that I think of it, I’m probably going to see about going back to get one.
After Storytime, we headed off to T*rget to pick up some baby essentials and then scooted off to Lalo’s to bake cookies with Aaron’s family!
His mom and uncle lead us in baking “Bizcochos” which are Mexican holiday cookies made with lard and anise seeds. I had never tried them before, so I was excited to taste the final product. I was not disappointed as they were YUMO!
(Again, kicking myself for not taking pics. I think my iPhone is thanking me though.)
We stayed there to watch the Paquiao/Marquez fight and even though we were out, I got Macario bathed and asleep at his regular bedtime. He slept just fine until we got home. The rest of the night, was a bit of a struggle. He was up at 10 p.m. and again at 3 a.m. and didn’t go back down until just after 4 a.m. Needless to say, we didn’t make it to church on Sunday which changed the course of our entire day.
Usually I would take Mac to visit with my parents after church, but the rough Saturday night turned into a rough Sunday morning that didn’t get better until about 2 p.m. when he woke up form a much needed nap.
While he napped, I ran off to the grocery to pick up some items for the week and when I arrived home I proceeded to put it all way while my little man watched. He caught a glimpse of the apples and went crazy, so I peeled one and let him go to town.
When I was done, I made Aaron and myself a quick dinner (turkey wraps and salad) and then sat down to watch the football game with him. He had plans to have his brother over to watch the game, but it ended up just being the three of us at home watching as our team took the win! (Again, kicking myself for not taking pics. I think my iPhone is thanking me though.)
We stayed there to watch the Paquiao/Marquez fight and even though we were out, I got Macario bathed and asleep at his regular bedtime. He slept just fine until we got home. The rest of the night, was a bit of a struggle. He was up at 10 p.m. and again at 3 a.m. and didn’t go back down until just after 4 a.m. Needless to say, we didn’t make it to church on Sunday which changed the course of our entire day.
Usually I would take Mac to visit with my parents after church, but the rough Saturday night turned into a rough Sunday morning that didn’t get better until about 2 p.m. when he woke up form a much needed nap.
While he napped, I ran off to the grocery to pick up some items for the week and when I arrived home I proceeded to put it all way while my little man watched. He caught a glimpse of the apples and went crazy, so I peeled one and let him go to town.
What a lovely weekend it was.


No comments:
Post a Comment