Last night I threw together a quick dinner. Well, it would have been quick had Macario not skipped his nap!
I made chicken salad sandwiches with spinach and cheesy pasta with broccoli. It was a little hodge-podge-ish, but it was yummy and I got to use up my left over chicken breast and some broccoli which needed to be used ASAP.
For the chicken salad I cut up and mixed the following items with some mayo, salt and pepper:
1 cooked chicken breast
1 celery stalk
1 apple
I served the chicken salad on wheat bread and used baby spinach as my lettuce.
For the cheesy pasta I used:
3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
2 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
pepper to taste
salt
2 1/2 cups milk
3 cups of medium cheddar cheese
1 broccoli crown
While I cooked the pasta and broccoli, I made the cheese sauce. (Note: add the cut up broccoli to the boiling pasta water about 3 minutes before the pasta is done and drain all of it at once).
For the cheese sauce I cooked up the flour in the butter and then added all the milk and pepper and when that came to a bubble I whisked in the cheese. I also added salt and more pepper to taste. I finished it off with a couple squirts of hot sauce for flavor, but that is optional.
Then I poured the cheese sauce over the pasta and broccoli and voila!
Macario didn't have a home made meal last night, he just had jarred baby food, so instead I'll post a picture of his feeding station. This is where I keep all his food, formula, utensils and bottles. There is also baby food in the 'fridge and freezer which is not shown here.
Hope you all had a yummy meal last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment