Macario has been interested in helping mommy in the kitchen for a long time now. Usually he likes to just play at the sink.
We have a step stool in the kitchen that he used to use to get up to the counter, but it wasn't stable and it was awkward for him to reach the sink while on it.
I was always worried he was going to slip or that the stool would tip over and he'd get hurt, so I had to hover near him and that added a lot of extra time to any work I was doing in the kitchen.
Then one day I was watching a mom vlogger on YouTube and she was doing a review of something called a "Learning Tower" (second picture below).
She mentioned how much it has helped her to keep her son safe while working in the kitchen. Based on her review it sounded like exactly what I needed, the only drawback was that it retails for $199.99!
I did some research and found a set of plans to build your own tower. Supposedly the cost for materials was estimated to be about $65. That much more palatable than $199.99, but we have no tools and getting them would add to the price of building the tower.
Still, we felt the tower would be a worth while investment. So, Aaron and I decided we'd build Mac a tower for his 2nd birthday.
Recently, I made a pit stop at our local consignment shop to look for stuff for baby number two, but before I got in the store I spotted something that looked similar to the Learning Tower in the window. I raced in, dragging Mac behind me. It was marked at $50 and after using my frequency card (good for 20% off) I only paid $43 for the tower.
When I got home I did some research on it and found it to be called the "Kitchen Helper." It's made by a company called Guidecraft and sells for $198 on their website.
I was proud of my purchase and even more excited when I realized that unlike the Learning Tower my Kitchen Helper folds flat for storage purposes and also has a chalkboard and white board on either side for kids to play with.
The Learning Tower does have height adjustments which the Kitchen Helper does not, but the storage capabilities are more appealing in my opinion.
The purpose of the post is to share my find and recommend anyone reading this to consider adding this item to their collection of kid stuff.
It's definitely a worthwhile investment. I felt safe spending $40 on it, but now that I realize how valuable it is I would say that it is worth much more than that (possibly even $199.99!)
Mac loves it, I love it and hopefully his little brother will too!






No comments:
Post a Comment