Thursday, February 21, 2013

Worries Before Baby No. 2

So I thought it would be interesting to do a post about the things I’m most concerned about with regard to having a second child and at some point during my maternity leave I’ll try to re-read and do a follow up.


First thing I’m worried about is that I won’t remember to do a follow up to this. Ha! Would anyone blame me if I completely forgot?

All jokes aside, there are some unknowns that I am really stressing over they are:

1. Not having enough stamina (physically or mentally) to keep up with the demands of parenting two children.

2. Being unable to be as attentive to Macario and his needs as I am now and also not being as attentive to the new baby as I have been to Mac these last 22 months.

3. Not having enough time alone with my boys to figure out our family’s rhythm.

4. That I have slacked too much up to this point, and will still be working on organization after the baby comes.

5. That one or both of us will not be 100% happy with the name we choose for baby number 2.

6. I’ll get overwhelmed by people trying to “help.”

7. I’ll fail at breastfeeding again.

8. I’ll feel horrible about my appearance after baby and turn into a frump.

9. That I’ll miss what life was like as a family of three.

10. I won’t get enough one on one time with either kid.

11. That time will pass even more quickly when I have two.

12. The challenge of going anywhere alone with two kids.

13. I’ll forget to feed someone.

14. I won’t be able to function as well as I did with Macario even though I was sleep deprived.

15. How our child care arrangements will be affected by adding another child.

16. I’m worried about worrying too much and not enjoying things enough.

17. That I won’t spend enough time nurturing Mac’s developmental needs just because he’s more independent.

18. I’ll be less cautious or conscientious with baby number two due to lack of time.

19. That Aaron and I won’t have enough time to focus on each other.

20. I’m worried about being caught off guard by things I may not have considered.

There are a lot of “I”s here and that’s because Aaron seems cool as a cucumber about going from one child to two children.

Hopefully he’s onto something and all this worry is for not!

1 comment:

  1. Yeesh this made me worry too! Stop stressing! You are a natural and will do great!

    ReplyDelete