For 2013 I have resolved to set monthly goals to keep myself on task and work on being more efficient.
For January I set 5 goals:
1. Fill out Mac's Baby Book
2. Make a donation box and deliver it to Goodwill
3. Pull stuff from storage
4. Organize Closets
5. Set up Montessori Activity
I made progress on numbers 1-4 but did not complete them. I have a summary of Mac's milestones and other important info which I compiled from my blog and also have a growth chart prepared with all the stats from his doctor's appointments. I will transfer that info into his book next.
The donation box is rather large and almost full already. I still have stuff to add to it and hope to deliver it this weekend.
Number three is vague since we have a lot in storage so technically I met this goal because we did pull some stuff from storage, but I won't count this as a met goal. I specifically wanted to pull Mac's newborn to three month box to get them washed and ready for the new baby and we did not do that. So this goal wasn't met.
I'll give myself half credit on number 4. Part of getting the closets organized involved pulling items from storage and I did do that but they are still a work I'm progress, so I get half credit.
Lastly I was hoping to set up Montessori activities for Macario. I did get this done. His favorite activity we did was "spooning" which he turned into "pouring" all on his own. He really enjoys learning by doing so I hope to keep up a constant rotation of activities that stimulate him in this way.
I give myself half credit for numbers 1, 2 & 4, no credit for number 3 and full credit for number 5. Overall that's 2.5 put of 5. Not bad for my first month!
My February goals will be:
1. Complete the goals I didn't complete I'm January. Self-explanatory.
2. Get registry completed and shower invites sent out. I should probably try to have this done by the 10th as we plan to have my shower the first weekend of March. That's cutting it very close on time, but I'm getting low on time anyway so I won't bother worrying about that.
and
3. Fix bassinet or purchase new one an set up in room for the baby. I am pushing my luck with this one and it may carry over to March because it requires Aaron's help to get our old bassinet out of storage and then assess if it can be fixed or if we need a new one. I'm putting it on though because it needs to be on our radar.
I think that's all for February. Considering that number one is actually multiple items and also that February is a short month I should not get too ambitious.
I'm excited to still be keeping up with mg resolution this far into the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment