Monday, February 18, 2013

Our Weekend: February 9/10

Saturday

Macario and I tagged along to another meet with Aaron. It's great to be able to be together, but its getting challenging for me to keep up with Mac in the first place so having to do it when we're at an even would be much more challenging if you can imagine!

In order to keep him entertained I brought toys and stickers and snacks and the like, but I also took him on walks. This time he wanted to walk up and down the bleachers which we did several times.

On Saturday night as I was getting Mac to bed I started feeling painful contractions.

I finally started timing them and by the time I did they were 4-4.5 mins apart. They lasted that way for the first half hour of timing and then cut down to 9 mins apart before finally tapering off.

Sunday

I started the day a little later than usual (8 am). The contractions from the night before seemed as if they had exhausted me (besides the fact that Mac wore me out at the meet).

My dad and brothers were over for a visit and stayed the entire day. It was nice to have them visit, but I couldn't enjoy myself because I had plans to really get down to business and start preparing the house for when the baby comes and couldn't do most of it with company over.

I did have to grocery shop, so I took the opportunity to do some fun shopping with Mac as well.

We went by Carter's and got matching Big Brother/Little Brother shirts for him and his brother and also a Valentine's Day shirt for him.

I asked if he wanted to pick out something for his brother and his answer was "yeah!" He thought for a moment and then picked up a dress and said, "awww, mama. Toot. Brudder!"

Apparently he thought his brother would look cute in a hot pink dress.

Everything in the store (except clearance items) was 40% off so Mac picked out a puzzle as well. He got into it as soon as we were in the car!

Before hitting the grocery store we stopped at the kids consignment store and found a kitchen stool. I have been wanting to get Mac one called "The Learning Tower" for quite a while, but couldn't justify the cost ($199.99).

This one is called "The Kitchen Helper". It's made by Guidecraft and the listed price on their website is $198.00.

Ours is slightly used and was priced at $50. I had a full frequency card which earned me 20% off so I actually paid $43.50 after tax! I am so proud and very happy that Aaron and I are such conscious shoppers. We usually always sit and wait on deals or research before paying full prices for anything.

I didn't get as much as I wanted done this weekend and that's a constant issue with me. I think I'm overly ambitious or something.

Either way I feel accomplished due to the amazing deal I snagged!








No comments:

Post a Comment