2/18 (34 Weeks) – Today I installed the infant car seat in my car. Earlier than I expected to do it and even earlier than I did it with Macario, but I pulled it from storage and didn’t want it bouncing here to there while I tried to find a place for it until I was ready to install it so I just installed it.
Mac is the only person who ever rides in the car with me. We usually always use the PT cruiser on the weekends so its no big deal for me to lose the extra seat so soon.
It’s funny though because I was really anxious to get that part done with Mac and not so much this time, yet this time I’m two weeks ahead in doing it.
Back then, I think I was mostly anxious to be able look back and see a car seat. It helped me get that much more excited about having a baby back there. I guess I just wasn’t as anxious this time because I don’t need the prop to help invoke a daydream about what it will be like to have a baby back there, however, it is a bit surreal to look back and see two seats!
Also, I got the baby’s newborn sized cloth diapers prepped this weekend and they are all folded and put away. I stuffed one of the tiny diapers and showed Aaron how small it was. We are so anxious to get started with the cloth diapers!
2/19 (34w1d) – I’m officially wobbling. I wobbled over to the supply room to get paper today. That felt pretty strange because I don’t remember doing it with Macario. Another new one I suppose! I think it has to do with the baby’s position. At times he definitely feels much lower than Mac ever did.
Also, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this yet, but I’m finding myself so distracted by baby thoughts lately that I’m sort of flighty in other ways. For instance, more than a couple of times a week I’ll get in the elevator at work and stand there waiting for something to happen. It happened again this morning where I was standing there waiting for it to move and then I realized, “Duh, stupid. You have to tell it what you want!” My next thought was “We need an elevator operator…I can’t be expected to remember to push the damn button anymore!” I chuckled.
2/20 (34w2d) – Today I brought the baby’s cloth diapers into work for show and tell. Everyone in my office is super excited about the baby and they are all very interested in the cloth diaper concept. They are all super supportive and I love that!
2/21 (34w3d) – Two of my co-workers are planning an office shower for me. It was supposed to be a surprise, but one of them spilled the beans so now they are asking for my input on everything. It’s going to be held on March 5th and will be a salad bar potluck concept. I love that idea. I’ll put a picture of the invite they handed out below. The poem on it says “Babies are cuddles and memories to keep (three a.m. feedings and too little sleep.) Babies are laughter and smiles to share (and bottles and booties and bibs everywhere!)” I thought it was so sweet and so true. As much as I worry about all the work I know we’re facing, I also know exactly how much more love we are about to have in our lives.
Also, they asked if I wanted to have everyone buy gifts individually or if I preferred that they pull their money and buy the double stroller on my registry. I was stunned that they would even consider getting us such a big gift, but they really want to and I’m so touched. I told them that they didn’t have to do anything, but that whatever they chose to do was absolutely ok with me and very much appreciated.
They later confirmed that they were “going for the gusto” as everyone was onboard with gifting us with the double stroller! They’re amazing.
2/22 (34w4d) – I stayed home with Mac today. He started running a fever last night and today it spiked at 104. I’m so grateful that I am able to be home with him and just focus on him, but it’s very exhausting to take care of a sick child and its times like this that makes me wonder how I’ll have the energy to keep up with two kids.
Mac took a two and a half hour nap today (sick babies need a lot of sleep) and so I got the boy’s closet completely cleared out and more stuff purged for donation.
Tonight I picked up a trash can which I will use for the dirty cloth diapers. I just had a laundry basket before that I would put up and out of Mac’s reach, but this will work better.
Besides being tired, this week I have been feeling great—physically. Baby boy is wiggling around and keeping busy in there.
2/23 (34w5d) – Mac and I were on our own today. I got a lot more done with regard to baby prep, including getting the boys clothes into their closet, the bassinet moved into our bedroom and our closet organized. Mac was feeling somewhat better and was being a great little helper as we got the house a little better prepared for baby.
I picked up the tiniest pair of pants for baby boy and also bought the boys a slide. So far Mac loves playing on it. Aaron and I are excited for when we get to watch both boys play on it together.
2/24 (34w6d) – No church today. Mac had such a rough night. I almost cried because again all I could think about is “How am I going to do this when I have two?” Mac is sure to have more nights like this as he’s still young and has trouble sleeping when he’s sick or getting in teeth and the new baby will also be difficult as he adjust to life outside the womb!
I checked my registry today and I see that the stroller has been purchased. It’s not fair of me to peek, but since they already told me they were going to get it, I figured why not look? I already promised to pretend to be surprised when I get it at the shower!

No comments:
Post a Comment