Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pregnancy No. 2: 31 Week Recap

I am really far behind on my blog so here we go again with a mess of updates being thrown up all at once!

I turned 31 weeks on January 28th and completed the week on February 3rd.  Here is a recap of that week:

1/28 (31 Weeks) – I have been having so many Braxton Hicks contractions it’s ridiculous. I remember having a lot of them with Mac, but mostly when I was walking or on my feet. This time around I get them whether I’m active or sedentary. I don’t really mind them except when I have to pee. The contracting makes the urge stronger and it makes it difficult to even walk to the restroom. I had so many tonight that I ended up taking a warm shower to try and relax my body. They had actually gotten to be mildly painful and persistent. If they hadn’t calmed down after the shower, I would have had to call the doctor just to be save. I was happy to be able to avoid that.


1/29 (31w1d) – I feel so fat today – most days, actually. I feel like I look really fat and not pregnant even though I weigh less than I did with Macario at the same stage of the pregnancy.

Also, the contractions continue today. They still hurt, but only slightly so I don’t know what I should do. I haven’t been timing them and the pain isn’t increasing so that makes me think there’s no need to worry, but the fact that there is any pain at all is weird as BH contractions are supposed to be painless.

I’m not really sure what to do.

Funny mommy brain story for today: I got in the elevator to go up to my floor at work. Usually it’s second nature to push the button upon getting in, but today I stared at the buttons for several seconds, blinking hard. Then it clicked, “you have to push a button! Duh!” I was so glad I was alone in there!

1/30 (31w2d) – Today is my 6 month anniversary at work! That means I cleared my probation period! That makes me very happy because I now know for sure I have a job to come back to after the baby is born. In all honesty I had no real cause for concern. Everyone at work is excited about the baby and very tolerant of my need to be absent now and then. I also had a probationary review which was awesome. I guess I was worried for no reason, but it feels good to officially be through the probation period. 6 months is a long time when you’re pregnant and have a toddler. So much happens that is out of your control and can really impact your attendance and performance!

1/31 (31w3d) – I placed an order for our entire birth to 3 month cloth diaper stash. It came to a total of $128.44, but I had $24.44 remaining on a gift card which brought our total cost to $104.00. To diaper Mac for the first three months in disposable diapers I calculated that it cost us about $259.20. The way I figured it was that in the first 90 days we used about 12ish diapers per day. That makes for 1,080 diapers. We used Pampers pretty much exclusively and for the smaller sized diapers we spent an average of $0.24 per diaper. So I multiplied 1,080 diapers by $0.24 per diaper and came up with a total cost of $259.20. This does not include the cost of wipes. I am still not sure whether we will use disposable wipes or cloth wipes. Our cost savings in diapers alone is approximately $155.20! This again is savings for the first three months alone! I have estimated that we will have spent $799.20 on Mac’s diapers from 3-24 months. For the same period of time I have a plan to purchase 12 pocket and 12 all in one diapers. Based on the outline I have and purchasing schedule (based on sales) I will be able to buy all 24 diapers for $325.45! That would make a savings of $473.75! And if we have no other children I can re-sell the diapers to make some of our money back and bring down the cost that much more! I’m really excited and better equipped to cloth diaper this time around than I was with Macario.

2/1 (31w4d) – No entry.

2/2 (31w5d) – Track meet in Davis with dinner at Paesano’s afterward. Too busy to note many symptoms, but frequent urination was hard to not notice. I made sure to find out where the restrooms were before we settled in our seats.

2/3 (31w6d) – Super Bowl Sunday! Another early start. This was a long day. It's much more daunting on my body to be so busy these days, but this was a special occasion so I pushed through.




No comments:

Post a Comment