Friday, July 12, 2013

Feeling Free

All three of my boys were out the door by 6:45 this morning. Aaron had a fundraiser, so he took Adrian to his mom's and kept Macario with him. 

I definitely missed them, but with them being gone, I got to take my time getting ready in the morning. I stopped and picked up treats for my co-workers who are amazingly understanding about me being late every other day. Speaking of which, was not the case today. 

At lunch, I ran an errand and watched some YouTube videos. 

When I got back to work, a co-worker of mine asked, "feeling free?" It made me laugh because I totally was. I had milked the day for all I could considering I did still have to be at work!

Not long ago, I would have felt guilty about feeling this way. I'm not sure what is different, but I know that every time I'm with my sons, I do my best to make the most of it. I work hard at work and at home. I give a lot of myself to my family and today I took a little for me. It was great. 

The best part was coming home to their smiling faces!


I do love motherhood, but a little me time once in a blue moon is nice too!

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! And yay for you time. I can understand the need for it, even though your family is so important to you. :)

    ReplyDelete