I haven't been able to do a blog a day for many reasons and now that I'm getting a chance to, I have been posting about things other than what we have been up to as a family. So in this post I'll sum up the latest goings on in our family!
This week we began our "Preschool at Home" journey. We visited a private preschool and though we thought it was a great school and a very good option, we have decided to take advantage of our current situation (Aaron having the flexibility to be home with the boys) for now. We are still undecided about what we want to do as far as schooling (homeschool, private/catholic school, public school).
There are benefits to every option, but one thing that can't ever be replaced is time and we really appreciate spending as much time with our children as possible.
Starting with preschool at home, we believe, will be a good way to introduce ourselves to the homeschool lifestyle. When we really start to settle in, we will know better whether homeschooling is a good fit for our family.
Also going on is continued progress with potty training. Mac has good control over now, but is hit or miss with telling us when he has to go. He wakes up dry at naps and in the morning, but refuses REFUSES to sit on the potty the first several minutes after he wakes up. This often results in an accident. I don't know what I am going to do about that one yet. Gotta do more reading I suppose.
Adrian is great. He is content to hang out alongside us with whatever we're doing. As long as he is fed,clean, rested and preferably being held.
He's still goes down easily at night and sleeps through until morning (9 pm to 7 am). This sleep schedule came naturally. Makes me wonder if I was doing something wrong with Mac to cause his sleep issues when he was Adrian's age.
Mac is still sometimes difficult to get down. He's not horrible, but just as an example, he was still up talking to himself in bed at 10:30 pm. And last night he woke up and came into our room. He thrashed around in his bed for a while before finally settling.
When he's this difficult, theres usually something going on. This time I think he's going through some discomfort over his molars. He had the tell-tale signs of an incoming tooth, so I believe thats the issue. Whatever it is it's really upsetting his sleep schedule, so hopefully it will pass soon.
Finally, today the boys stayed with our neighbor for a couple of ours while Aaron ran out for a quick meeting. It was the first time a non-family member watched them. The meeting came up last minute and we had no time to arrange a sitter. Fortunately, I have built a quick relationship with them and the boys are comfortable with them. It was also great that I work across the street and could come home immediately if the boys needed me. That turned out to be unnecessary. We're fortunate that our boys are fairly adaptable.
Well that's the latest. Hopefully I'll have a post up tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment