Monday, July 22, 2013

Our Weekend (July 20/21)

We had a wonderfully exhausting weekend.  I was napping (involuntarily) in the rocking chair while feeding Adrian at one point and I’m not a napper!

Lately, we’ve sort of been kicking off the weekend by watching a movie on Friday night, so after dinner and a bath, I laid out a blanket and watched The Sandlot with Macario as we munched on cheese squares (organic cheez-its) and sipped on diluted apple juice.  We were livin’ it up!

I knew our weekend was going to be busy so I tried to get to bed as early as I could on Friday night, but after all was cleaned and our stuff packed up for Saturday’s outings it was 1:00 a.m.  A half hour early is still early, right?

I was up at 6:30 on Saturday and got a load of laundry done first thing in the morning.  I’ve been having success doing a load every morning versus doing it later inP the day.  So, I put in my load, switched it over and left it to be folded later in the day.

Our plans for Saturday changed from my original plan.  My original plan was to hit up the farmer’s market and then take the boys to story time at Barnes & Noble at 11 a.m.  

After story time, I was going to bring them home for lunch and then a nap while I put away the produce.  Following that I had hoped to do some quick errands before heading to my husband’s family reunion at 2:00 p.m.

Instead our day went like this:  Aaron left early in the morning to pick up my dad’s truck and then drive over to the location where his fundraiser was being held.  On his way to the fundraiser he realized that he left his work keys in the car at my dad’s shop, so I came to the rescue.  Instead of heading to the market, the boys and I went and picked up the keys and took them to Aaron.  Mac wanted to hang out and the girls loved seeing him so we visited for a while then got ready to leave.  In the meantime, I had gotten a phone call from my mother-in-law, reminding me about the reunion and letting me know it started at noon.  I thought it started at 2 p.m.!

I double checked my invite on Facebook which said it actually started at 11:00 a.m.  I think someone changed it (ha).

So instead of doing anything else, I zipped on over to the reunion and hoped Mac would nap on the way (he so didn’t!)

At the reunion, everyone kept asking where Aaron was and I felt badly that he couldn’t make it.  They were still happy to see the boys.  Everyone was crazy for them.  All of the attention and squeals of delight scared Adrian, but Macario opened right up, wasting no time to get comfortable with his extended family!

I decided it was time to go when Mac started crying to be inside when we were outside and then crying to be outside the minute we went inside.  You know they’re tired when they want two different things at the same time.  Ha ha.

He fell asleep instantly, but woke up as I brought him up and tried to get him in bed.  At that time, Aaron had called and was ready to head out to pick up a load of gear for his camping trip.  He heard Mac crying and decided he wanted to come pick us up to tag along.  So the nap got cut short as we got ourselves ready to run out again.

When we were done, we dropped the truck off to my dad, hit up Whole Foods for a watermelon (the boy’s favorite summer fruit) and then swung by our nephew’s house to pick him up.

I finally got to bed around 1 a.m. again, but I slept like a rock on Saturday night!

I was up with the birds again on Sunday morning.  I had to get myself and the three boys fed and ready to head off to church by 8:30 a.m.  I was so proud of myself when we were all out the door and in the car pulling out at 8:31 a.m.

We were half way to church when I remembered that I forgot my sister’s birthday gift (which I was going to pass to my mom to give to my sister).  I had also forgotten the kid’s wet bag for their dirty diapers.

I was just glad I didn’t forget anything else as we were going to go straight over to the fair after church and some items were essential for a successful day out.

Neither Aaron nor I ever really cared too much about going to the fair.  We don’t like making the trip out there because it can be pricey, it’s hot and the rides are sketchy (all rides are sketchy).

This year, however, I really wanted to take Macario to pet the animals because the last time we were at the zoo he kept saying he wanted to touch an animal.

He was timid at first, but then got very comfortable in the petting zoo and didn’t want to leave.

I was also surprised that he was so confident on the rides.  I trust the kiddy rides better than the larger rides as they don’t go in the air or flip over or go very fast at all.

We also took him to ride a horse again.  He absolutely loves it!  Seeing his face light up when he’s on the horse makes me want to just buy him one right now!  It’s so sweet.

Adrian slept in with me in the Moby wrap for about the entire day.  He is such a good and mellow baby.  I just love him for being so sweet and making mommy’s life easier than it could be with two kids!

Here he is hanging out as I made breakfast qon Subday morning:

 As I said, I was so wiped out from the fair (Mac fell asleep as soon as he got in the car) I fell asleep briefly in the rocking chair. I slept there until Aaron came to wake me (and ask me to make lunch). 

After dinner Aaron suggested I take the boys swimming (Mac and our nephew) so I did. They had a blast. 

When we got back everyone took immediate showers or baths and I got Mac and Adrian to bed. 

By then it was 9:30 pm and since I hadn't made it to the store or farmers market I ran out to grab some stuff I needed for the week.

I got everything put away and then sat for a show with Aaron. It was 1 am when I fell asleep and I was up early again, starting my laundry and getting things going the day.

Motherhood is a joy. An exhausting, but totally worthwhile joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment