Sunday, July 14, 2013

Festive Festivities

What a day! I'm literally wiped out, but it was all worth it. 

To start off we (me and the boys) made it to church early today! We have never been early. It felt great not to walk in as mass was ongoing. 

After church, I took the boys to meet up with Aaron's parents. The plan was to meet up and then head to the local Corn Festival, picking up my mom along the way. We ended up stopping for breakfast first which was really nice. Me and the boys got to sit and visit with my in-laws before we got busy at the festival. 

We picked up my mom and got to the festival around 1 o'clock or so.

The first thing we did was browse the crafts. Mac picked out a pillow case he wanted. 

The kid loves pumpkins!

I almost didn't get it because it was $11 and its something I could totally make, but I don't have a sewing machine, so I bought it. Ha!

I really wanted Mac to ride a pony, but wasn't sure how he'd do. He was gung-ho about it, so I gave it a shot and to my delight he did well!

You can't tell by the look on his face, but he had fun. He kept telling everyone, "I rode a horse!"

We sampled corn and picked up some produce. Mac tried to feed his corn to Adrian, and if I had let it happen, I think Adrian would have sunk his gums into the cob!


There was live music and Mac kept asking to see the "frum" which is his word for drum so we took him to watch the band. He quickly lost focus when he saw a jump house. 


I wanted to take a tractor ride, but we just didn't get a chance. Mac was sad about that for sure!

At every stop we made today, I put Mac on his travel potty and in doing so he managed to keep his diaper dry all day. Of course after I bragged about that to Aaron, Mac promptly pooped the diaper! 

Now its 9 o'clock, the boys are asleep and I'm procrastinating on cleaning up, but I also plan to make Mac's wall calendar for preschool time, so I'm going to dart off to get that done. 

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment