Anyone who reads this blog would know that I am the proud mother of two beautiful boys and a devoted wife to my husband.
However, there are some things about me that just don’t ever come up. I thought it would be fun to spotlight those things today!
I am 5 feet tall. I often get asked 5 feet what? I hate having to say, “That’s it – just 5 feet” but I always end up having to explain that.
I make my own laundry soap. Among other things (e.g. freezer waffles and pancakes, glass cleaner, multi-purpose cleaner, play dough, etc.) I do this mainly for health reasons, but there is also a cost savings benefit and the most fun is getting to do these things with my son. He really enjoys helping me and I enjoy teaching him to be self-sufficient!
I’m addicted to apples with peanut butter. One day I ate this snack for every meal (not a balanced food day) which prompted Aaron to say, “You do know there’s other food in the world, right?”
I always thought I would grow up to be a teacher. When I chose a legal career I actually envisioned I would later teach the subject to future professionals. It’s a little different than the elementary kids I thought I was going to teach!
I live with an obsessively clean husband. Although I’m rather tidy myself, my husband is obsessive about sanitation and cleanliness. He is hyper-aware of germs and cross-contamination and all that. For instance, we all wash our hands immediately upon entering the house and then my husband makes sure to wash the soap dispenser as it was touched by dirty hands…I appreciate him even though this hyper-sensitivity can be challenging to deal with especially with two young children.
I love to watch YouTube. I am subscribed to at least 50 channels which cover topics from pregnancy and parenting, preschooling/homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, DIYs, organizing, meal planning, makeup, etc. I don’t watch TV anymore, but I do watch something on YouTube every day. The difference being that YouTube videos are typically no more than 10 minutes long so I can catch a vid here and there and it's no big deal.
I miss being pregnant. I want to be pregnant again, but I don’t think we will have another baby. We love our children and another blessing would be embraced as such, but logically it makes sense for us to stop at 2. I think I'll always miss the pregnancy stage and I’m sad that I’m probably never going to experience that again.
Things that help me to start my day off right are: being fully dressed, waking up to a clean kitchen, and making my bed immediately. If I have all three of those things in line I can usually count on having a good/productive day. If I don’t start off with those three things I pretty much feel like I’m behind all day.
I enjoy alone time as much as I enjoy being with my boys. Sometimes when I have the boys in bed and Aaron isn't home, I like to savor the quiet. Then I'll stream a YouTube video to the Apple TV and watch it in the living room and just relax! (If I'm watching a video on how to properly clean a mattress is that considered relaxing?)
That's it for now. There’s probably plenty more to share, but I’ll hold onto some things for another day.

No comments:
Post a Comment