Monday, April 15, 2013

I Wish

Adrian had his 2 week well check today. Technically, he's 19 days old which is borderline 3 weeks, but this is when they scheduled his appointment, so I'll try not to fixate on the details (oops, too late!)

He is now 8 pounds 3 ounces! He still seems so tiny, but he's definitely grown a lot since birth.

I took him to his appointment on my own while Aaron stayed home with a napping Mac. I always miss Mac when I'm not with him, but since he was sleeping anyway I wasn't feeling too bad about leaving him.

Having that little bit of alone time with Adrian was wonderful. It's something I thought I would miss out on this time around, but both Aaron and I have had special alone time with each of the boys and I am glad we've been able to make that happen.

I also weighed myself before leaving the medical offices and am excited to be 18 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight already!

Something about pregnancy does amazing things for me health wise. I only ended up one pound above my starting weight by the time I delivered Adrian which I was really happy about.

When I delivered Mac I was up 6 pounds and at 6 weeks postpartum I was 16 pounds under, but I easily put it all back on. This time around I hope to keep up the momentum and not put any of the weight back on.

In the afternoon, Aaron took me and the boys to Jamba Juice before he headed off to work and then Mac and I watched a movie in bed.

The weather was perfect for snuggling up with a movie. It was oddly gloomy, wet and cold especially considering it was in the 80s the last two days and is headed in that direction again for this weekend.

I hope that holds true since we are going to have Mac's birthday picnic at the park on Sunday.

I get a little nauseous at the thought of him turning two on Friday.

Moms should get to make the birthday wishes for the first 3 years of their kids' lives. I know I'd wish to pause time and enjoy my family just as it is today, forever!

Maybe that's why we don't get to use the wishes for ourselves!

Tomorrow, I begin party prep!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the weight loss!! That is awesome!! Good luck on the party prep!

    ReplyDelete