Today was a rough day. It started out with Aaron and I just communicating poorly. That always gets me down, but today it seemed especially hard for me to get over it.
My frustration built as the day wore on. We had planned to go grocery shopping first thing and I intended to put the groceries away during Mac's nap. Unfortunately, we didn't get out of the house until almost 2 and I kept pushing macs nap back as it seemed we were headed out each hour only for something else to interfere.
By then Aaron was short on time and Mac was highly emotional. That made for a difficult shopping trip. I couldn't pay attention to prices and hardly paid attention to my list!
The rest of the day was rough as Mac and Adrian alternated bouts of crankiness.
I got all the groceries put away and managed to heat up leftovers at 7 pm (later than usual) for Mac. He then refused to eat which was not surprising since he had resisted almost everything I asked him to do all day.
By the end of the day, I was just going through the motions and then as I was getting Mac to bed I felt sad that I hadn't savored my boys enough today.
I know there's always going to be rough days, but I wish my attitude toward things had been better today.
On the upside, I cuddled Mac and rocked him to sleep which was so sweet and hasn't happened in quite a while. I also knocked out a ton of to-do's which is surprising considering how rough today really was.
In hind sight today was tough, but with God's blessing we are all going to bed safely and soundly and I really don't need anything else besides my families health and safety.
Tonight I go to bed a happy lady, despite today's challenges and as I promised Mac, tomorrow will be a better day.
Now I'm off to drink some emergen-C in hopes of nipping this emerging cold I feel in the bud!



No comments:
Post a Comment