Thursday, June 27, 2013

Adrian is 3 Months Old

Dear Adrian,

Happy 3 months baby boy!  You’re officially no longer a newborn.  That is exciting and sad both at the same time.
 
I’m excited because now that you’re a little bit older, you are giving the best smiles ever.  You coo and babble up a storm and you have the best laugh ever.  Your big brother, Mac, has discovered several ways to make you laugh and you just crack up for him.  I really think you love your big brother a lot and you express it so well.




On the other hand I’m sad that you’re older because time with you (and your brother) is so precious and every day that goes by is time I never get back with you guys.  I was with you for the first 8 weeks of your life, but now I’m back to work and it seems you shot straight out of the newborn stage since I’ve been back at work.  I’m sad for the time I don’t have with you while I’m working.

At 3 months old you are:
Stats

We have not weighed you since your last appointment (you were 12+ pounds then).  You are now in 3-6 month clothes (6 month size for Carter’s which makes up majority of your wardrobe) and I am flabbergasted.  You basically skipped 0-3 month sized clothes.  I’m really surprised about that.  We use disposable diapers at night and for those you wear a size 1/2.  I think you may outgrow them before we finish the package because we only use one a day (and a few here and there as needed) but I bought a bulk sized box and you’re growing so fast that I think they’ll outlast your ability to fit them.

Physical Development
You are bringing things to your mouth all the time.  There are times when you fuss a lot and I have realized that it is because you need to have something to keep your hands busy.  Fortunately, we have some toys that are suitable for you to play with and they keep you happy.


Also, you have been trying so hard to roll over.  Daddy says he saw you roll over already, but I have yet to witness it and you’re not doing it consistently, so it could have been accidental (like maybe you were already laying on your side and plopped over).
Intellectual Development

You know when people are speaking to you now and you respond with your cute squeals and happy laughs.  You recognize my voice, Daddy’s voice and Macario’s voice.  I love to see you light up when you hear them!
Likes
You love playing with your brother, baths, toys your pacifier and being held.  Funny enough, you get very excited for diaper changes.  I’m sure this won’t last forever, but it’s pretty cute at the moment!

Dislikes

You’re pretty easy going.  So far I haven’t noticed anything you dislike very much.  I can see diaper changes making it’s way to this category at some point!
Son, it’s such a joy to have you in our lives.  Before you were born, I worried that I wouldn’t be enough of anything to meet both yours and your brother’s needs.  Turns out that I love you so much that I’m motivated to be and do more than I ever thought possible.

I love you very much and am so glad to have you in my life
Love,

Mommy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment