Monday, June 17, 2013

Mac Funnies: Vol. 2

Life with a toddler doesn't get old.  It's so much fun to teach Mac new things and watch him put his thoughts and emotions in order in his mind and then express them with his words.  What results is sometimes very sweet, sometimes frustrating, but most of the time it's just very entertaining!

One day as we came home from a birthday party, Macario said to me, "Mama, I not go da house" (Mama, I'm not going in the house) to which I replied, "I'm sorry son, you have to go in now." It took every bit of will power not to explode in laughter when he retorted with, "Wissen me! I not go da house, Mama!" (Listen to me! I'm not going in the house, Mama!)

Another time, Mac was doing something naughty and Aaron corrected him.  Apparently that made Mac upset because he then threatened Aaron, "No, Daddy. No say dat. I spank you da head!"

That's his favorite threat lately - "spank you da head." I'm not exactly sure why he chose head as the part he will spank, but its pretty darn funny!

More recently, I told him he was cute which totally offended him. He said to me, "mama, I not coot ay-more, I scary!" Then he growled at me. 

Apparently he's too old to be cute now.

To follow that funny up he overheard me telling Aaron about the conversation and he interjected with "Yeah I scary, Mama. I be a wion!" And then he roared like a lion.

He doesn't even know how funny he is!




No comments:

Post a Comment