Monday, June 24, 2013

Ahead of the Game

I felt like a champion mom today, actually I just felt like an all around rock star!

First I all I got me and the boys dressed and fed, the house semi-picked up, Aaron's new check card activated and the boys bags in the car all before I left for work. Then at work I was just plowing through stuff. I'm really not sure what got into me. 

I continued the hot streak by coming home at lunch (the boys were gone) and tossed in a load of laundry, got dinner in the crock pot, loaded up the dishwasher, made my bed and straightened up around the house! Oh and made myself lunch. 

I'm really not sure what got into me. 

When I got back to work, I was sure I would lose steam, but I didn't. I zipped through a few more assignments and even had time to draft up a memo with a proposal to make some procedural changes. Who am I today?

I got home around 5:15 pm because I stayed a few minutes late finishing up my memo. 

The boys were napping and Aaron was hanging out on the couch, so I got into comfy clothes and then started serving up dinner. 

Mac got up just in time for dinner. Aaron, Mac and I sat together for dinner which hardly ever happens!

I cleaned up from dinner and the three of us played in the living room for a while. We couldn't play outside because it was cold and rainy. Weird weather for June!

When Adrian woke up, I tended to him while Aaron took Mac out to water the plants. I'm wondering if we are going to get any good fruit or vegetables from them because the weather has been iffy all around. 

Because of all the advanced prep I did today, it was still early by the time the boys came in from watering and straightening up out back. 

So what did we do? We made cinnamon roll waffles for dessert!

Mac was so cute. He was up on the counter helping/playing with water and rinsing dishes for me. He kept stirring water in the bowl with a whisk and saying, "mama, wook at me. I making!" He calls baking, making. Funny kid!

Adrian hung out in his swing and was cooing up a storm while Mac and I "maked". 

I ended up with a huge mess in the kitchen, so even though I was ahead of the game for most of the day, I'm ending it sort of in the usual place. I'm ok with it though because I spent most of my time enjoying my family rather than bustling around trying to clean as they run behind me making messes!

I work from home tomorrow and hope I still have this much motivation!

2 comments: