It just occured to me that it is already time for another review of my monthly goals! Actually the time for it has come and gone since it is already the 7th, but better late than never.
We are only half way through the year and I'm really starting to slip on my one and only resolution for this year.
I'm afraid to even look back at my goals from last month because I know that I will realize I accomplished very few if any of them. *sigh*
Well, enough delay...here I go taking a look back:
- Get stuff completely unpacked and put away no later than the week before I go back to work.
- Start a coupon binder and visit Krazy Koupon Lady's website weekly to plan grocery shopping.
- Make one homemade item per week to replace store bought items.
- Make daily to do lists and complete as many tasks as possible from those lists.
- Boys photo shoot.
- Create daily charts/menu board.
Goal #1
Partial credit. This is definitely a work in progress, but I did make a significant dent in things before returning to work last month.
Goal #2
Done! I didn't make a specific coupon binder. Instead I made a family household binder and in it I have a section for couponing. I have been frequenting the Krazy Koupon Lady's website weekly (sometimes more often than that) to ensure I'm getting the best deals I can possibly get. Every penny counts!
Goal #3
Done! Sort of. I can't say I made one new item per week, but I did make a batch of waffles for the freezer, laundry soap, multi-purpose cleaner and I restock cloth wipes using a homemade diaper wipe solution quite frequently, so I give myself full credit on this one.
I'm actally not feeling as bad about my progress anymore!
Goal #4
Done! Whether I write my goals in my notebook or I keep a mental list, I do have a list of tasks I want to complete each day. The important part is I have gotten a lot better about completing the tasks by staying on task. I tend to try and multi-task and with three boys (husband + 2 sons) at home all wanting/needing my attention I easily get side-tracked and lose focus. I've been working on finishing what I'm doing before moving onto anything else...even pouring my husband the drink he just requested!
Goal #5
Fail! This fail isn't for lack of trying. No excuses though. Onto next month's list it goes!
Goal #6
Done! Sort of, again. I didn't make boards, but these items are included in the household binder I created and am still tweaking to our needs.
PHEW! I actually did much better than I thought. I did have a fail and a partial credit, but I don't expect perfection (well I do, but know I shouldn't) so I'm happy with my progress.
My goals for next month are as follows:
- Make further progress on household binder.
- Clear patio of additional itmes to be moved in (Continuation of May Goals).
- Finish putting together our bedroom.
- Get caught up on laundry and continue doing a load a day.
- Boy's photo shoot (Continuation of May Goals).
- Craft gifts with the boys for Aaron, my dad and Aaron's dad for Father's Day!
I think I can handle these tasks!
No comments:
Post a Comment