Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Work from Home - Day 1

This was the second day I worked from home, but the first FULL day as I did go in or part of the day last Thursday.

Overall, I have to say that working from home is hard!  Basically, I have to make sure to do my regular work while juggling the duties of mommy and wife.

Adrian had his 2 month well-check today.  It was originally scheduled for yesterday afternoon, but Aaron and I had a miscommunication which lead me to reschedule and then I realized today that wasn't necessary.  In any event, I took Adrian to the doctor this morning and he was all smiles.  I felt so bad knowing that in just a few minutes my happy, smiley boy was going to be my poor, crying baby.


And  boy was he upset!  He was doing the saddest cry I've ever heard him do.  I ended up crying myself.  Just a little, but I cried  even though I was not anticipating I would.

At Mac's 2 month well-check I felt bad for him, but I didn't cry.  This time was different, but I'm not exactly sure why.

My phone died before I started off home which I had warned Aaron of (just in case we didn't show after a while he would know to look for us).  Knowing I had no phone, I prayed that we would make it home safely, so that I wouldn't have to wait around for Aaron to come to our rescue (the drive home from the medical offices to our house passes through a sketchy neighborhood near the light rail system).

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I turned off the main highway and started off toward our neighborhood I started hearing a lopping sound.  I slowed down significantly and turned down the radio.  I could feel that the back side of the car was dipped a bit lower, so as soon as it was safe I pulled over to check and sure enough the tire was flat as I suspected when I heard that noise.

I drove carefully the rest of the way home and got there safely.  I just know that God got us home safely.  If the tire had gone completely flat before I got off the highway, there was potential that I would have been walking home on that highway with a newborn and no stroller or carrier!

That was definitely a low point of the day, but overall the day went well.  Dr. C mentioned that Adrian was developing perfectly and Aaron was a great help with Macario.  He took Mac to the park and zoo.  It was Mac's first time to the zoo and Aaron said he had a great time.  I was sorry to miss out on the experience, but I was happy for Mac and I appreciated Aaron taking him so I could work interruption-free!

So sorry to miss out on this moment!
I made up for missing out earlier in the day by taking the boys out as soon as 5 p.m. hit!  We went for a nice long walk.  I took Macario to get a Jamba Juice and I stopped at the corner market to pick up some snacks and refreshments for Aaron and I to have this evening.

Keeping the sun out of his eyes!
When we got home we played outside for a bit longer and then headed in.  Adrian had been asleep for most of the day.  I assume that was due to the vaccinations he received today.  The walk really perked him up though!  He was back to his smiley self by the end of the day as you can see below!
Love my sons's smiles!
The rest of the night went as usual, dinner, bath, bed.  We had a couple of hiccups as Adrian started to get cranky again and needed a little more acetaminophen to fall asleep and Macario kept rolling toward the wall, hitting his head and waking himself up!

I'm off to research some stay-cation ideas.  Aaron and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and he wants to take a trip with the boys as a celebration.  We are thinking of going somewhere within a 2-3 hours driving distance.  This actually gives us a lot of options, so I'm researching that tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment