Sunday, June 2, 2013

Family Day

I have mentioned before that Sundays are our unofficial family day. I say unofficial because anything can happen with Aaron's schedule and he isn't one to turn down work related stuff, but we get him all to ourselves if nothing else comes up.

Since nothing came up, it was family day today! We took the boys to a flea market. I hadn't been to this particular one since I was 10 or so...maybe. And Aaron had never been, so we went to see what it had to offer.

As we headed out Aaron's cousin Joe Joe called and ended up meeting is out there with his kids and wife. Aaron's friend Joe also met us there. That's a lot of Joes!

We were not impressed with the flea market, but did come away with some good finds. I am most proud of the toy we bought for Mac. It is a wooden fire engine made by Plan Toys. I love the brand and know the toys can be pretty pricey.

The guy was asking $3 for it. I knew he didn't realize its true value, so we probably could have talked him down to $2, but I anxiously told Aaron to take it!

I looked it up later and found the list price for the truck brand new at $89! Amazon is selling it for $49.99. I can't believe we got it for $3. It's in practically new condition too.

Of course today was like the hottest day so far this year so we were sweating our butts off. Especially Adrian and I as I had him strapped to me in the moby wrap. Poor guy was sweating but I kept him cool by wetting his head often and he drank formula in smaller portions more often so I know he was staying hydrated.

We grabbed lunch at a yummy sourdough shop. It's a San Francisco based chain that opened up a location here in our city and it was amazingly good! I can't wait to go again.

While we were there, Adrian was grabbing tons of attention. He is such a happy smiley boy and loves when people talk to him so he was doing his best to engage people's attention. He's so precious.

We went to the grocery store before heading home. Aaron went in while I stayed in the car with the boys who were both sleeping.

Mac woke up on the way home and hit the pool with me as soon as we could change into our swim clothes!

He loved the pool. I can't wait to get him in swim class.

We had a makeshift dinner because Mac and I swam until after 7! I know he was wiped cause it took him about a minute and a half to fall asleep after I finished the last bedtime story.

He didn't make I through them last night. I suppose I sufficiently wore him out this weekend. I missed being with them all day while I was working, so I guess I was a little anxious to do as much as I could with them this weekend.

I hope everyone had a great weekend as well as we did.








No comments:

Post a Comment