Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tight Wad

Boy oh boy. Today was a jam packed day. My house is a wreck and I need a shower, but I'm taking a break to write this post because I need a breather!

We started the day at home. Aaron had practice in the morning, so I was alone with the boys. Our nephew stayed over so he was here too.

Aaron got home just before Mac got up from his nap and rattled off a list of things he wanted to do today. One such item was to find a lamp or two on Craig's List to buy for his new desk and our room.

He found two lamps and talked the owner down to $35 for both. That seemed like a lot to me for used lamps. Especially if you consider that one person was selling 4?lamps for $10 total! They were nothing fancy, but they were decent!

Anyhow, we ran our errands and then picked up the lamps. After that we headed to Target and just for fun went to look at their lamps.

I was stunned to find a lamp for $32.99 and it didn't even come with the shade!

I have never had occasion to buy a lamp, believe it or not and so I was in shock over the prices.

It made me feel really good about our earlier purchase, but left me scratching my head. I just don't comprehend it. They looked nice and all, but I just couldn't imagine spending that much on such a small piece of furniture! I guess I'm a tight wad like my dad!

We also went to Old Navy to browse. To my delight the ENTIRE store was on a 30% off discount. They weren't kidding either. Literally everything down to the drinks at the register were 30% off.

I hate paying full price for anything so I was in heaven knowing anything I liked would be cheaper at the register!

We left with a couple of pairs of shoes for Mac and a shirt. I wanted to get him a new straw fedora, but they wouldn't suffice. He could tell it wasn't the same. It's odd how little kids get that attachment and can't be tricked into something else.

Adrian hung out in his seat as we ran around here and there. I felt bad for him so I took him out whenever I could. I held him all through Target and he fell asleep on me. I just love it when they doze off in your arms. It's amazing!

I didn't many pictures today other than these three. I need to clear up space on my phone so I can start taking more shots each day!





1 comment:

  1. Great finds today! I need a shopping day this week and I hope I get as lucky as you. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete