For the entirety of my pregnancy with baby number two I have been worried about how Mac would handle the changes when his baby brother finally arrives.
There isn't much you can do to prepare a child his age for a sibling other than talk about babies and expose them to some whenever possible. However, I'm not sure that does much to help them to wrap their heads around the idea that a baby will show up one day and never leave.
We've done our best though, and from the looks of it he'll be up to the task even if he doesn't know what he's facing yet!
Here he is putting his monkey baby to sleep, hand feeding the dog to ensure she gets enough to eat and finally testing the swing (he turns it on and off - to make sure it works, I suppose).
He's been getting his big brother practice in whether he knows it or not!

No comments:
Post a Comment