Saturday, March 23, 2013

Doctors Appointments

Macario and I both had doctors appointments today. I always look forward to his appointments as I appreciate professional feedback with regards to Mac's development. However, I feel bad about the vaccinations part.

Today Mac only needed one vaccine, but he did have to have a blood draw done which was a bit traumatic while it lasted. It was just a standard draw for lead an iron testing, thankfully, and nothing serious.

His stats are great! He's lost a few ounces since his last appointment, but his growth pattern is still consistent and so neither his doctor or I were concerned with that.

Height-wise he's growing non stop. He's already almost 3 ft tall - 35.5 inches to me exact. I assume this means he'll surpass his 5 ft tall mama in no time!

My appointment went well. I had a little bit of an emotional breakdown though which was a first. My nurse went over the specifics of my c-section next week. In discussing it with her I mentioned my plan to keep Macario at the hospital with us, to which she replied that she didn't think that was possible. That was contradictory to the information I had previously been given and was basing my plans on.

I couldn't hold back the tears and I started to get emotional. She spoke with me about it and said she'd double check. Thankfully she was mistaken, and was able to confirm with the chief that I COULD in fact have Mac with me during my stay.

I think she was almost as relieved as I was to hear that. She told me she really felt bad seeing me upset because it wasn't like me at all to be down. She said "you're always so happy and smiling. I'm sorry I upset you!"

Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned as long as we know that Mac can stay with me!

After my appointment (which was several hours later than Mac's) I joined my mom back at home where she was watching Mac and two of his cousins (from Aaron's side).

The rest of the day has been busy, but as of 7:45 all three kids were fed, bathed and asleep (thank The Lord) and I'm folding some laundry and packing things for our hospital stay.

Today was my last day of work (though I took it as a furlough day and was therefore off). So I will be enjoying my last few days as a mommy of one and tying up loose ends at work!

Here are some pictures from today. I don't know how to move them around in my blogger iPhone app so they're all down below until and if I get on the computer to move them around.

I swear I work harder when I'm home than at work. Stay at home moms really do work hardest!









No comments:

Post a Comment