Friday, March 15, 2013

Pregnancy No. 2: 36 Week Recap


3/4 (36 Weeks) – Today I am 9 months pregnant!  Things are going to be in overdrive this last month, I can already feel it!  I have a ton to look forward to this week alone which should get the time passing quickly.
Tonight, I had more of the same contractions until I finally sat down at 10:30 p.m. to see if they would dissipate.  They did and so I sat and relaxed for a little while before getting up to finish the rest of the housework I was trying to finish.

As soon as I got back up they started again.  Maybe I should use this as an excuse to lounge around every night!

3/5 (36w1d) – My office shower was today.  It was so nice and what was even more special was that Aaron and Macario came to celebrate with me.  My co-workers and superiors were very generous.  Among the gifts we received were our double jogger stroller, a cradle ‘n’ swing, lots of bath accessories including the mesh bath seat I wanted for baby boy, and plenty of outfits and toys!  I feel very blessed to be working with a group of people who are as kind and generous as these people.  I have only been working with this organization for about 7 months now, but I have been embraced so fully that I can’t even explain how touched I am.

I’m looking forward to getting home and filtering through all of our new stuff!
36 weeks 1 day

3/6 (36w2d) – No entry.

3/7 (36w3d) – My 28th birthday.  I was sad to have to work and be away from my boys, but that’s life!  I got treated to lunch by an ex-coworker and then my office mates brought a cake for the afternoon.  They really pampered me this week!  I got off work early as Aaron arranged dinner at Olive Garden with our moms.  I felt great all day and got to bed early which was my birthday wish!

3/8 (36w4d) – I had my 36 week check up today.  This was the first time I came away from an apponitment with concerns.  In all I am doing fine though I'm not thrilled to be up 4 lbs from my last appointment!  Overall that makes 1 lb of total weight gain this pregnancy (versus my starting weight) but it's one pound over my final weight with Mac and I still have 4 weeks to go! Read about my appointment here.

3/9 (36w5d) – Aaron track meet. Mac and I ran errands and did chores.  I felt good physically and baby boy was very active as usual!

3/10 (36w6d) – Baby Shower.  There are pictures in my weekend recap (Our Weekend: March 9/10).  It was a warm day and I thought it was just me feeling overheated, but everyone felt the same so I guess that wasn’t a pregnancy symptom.  We got to bed early and I really needed it!

Overall this week was busy and totally flew by.  I really enjoyed myself this week and look forward to making a decision about our birth options.

No comments:

Post a Comment