Friday, March 29, 2013

We're Home!

We came home from the hospital today. I was given the option to stay an extra day if I wanted, but l really wanted to go home.

Macario was such acting like such a big boy when we were leaving the hospital today. He helped me with my shoes, moved the foot rests on the wheel chair and then told me to "sit", kept asking for his baby "brudder" and helped the nurse wheel me out of the hospital.

He seems to have turned into a big boy overnight!

We did not come straight home from being released. Aaron wanted to stop at Target and then I needed to swing by my office to get my last check.

While Aaron and Mac were in Target I stayed in the car with Adrian to breastfeed. I am feeling extremely proud of the success in breastfeeding, however, the initial discomfort has yet to wear off.

Aaron didn't find all of the things he wanted in Target so he also went into Old Navy which gave me time to work on Adrian's latch.

On our way over to my office, Aaron commented on how different things were the second time we were bringing home a baby and he was right. It was much less nerve wracking this time.

For instance, we would never have been so comfortable attempting to run errands straight out of the hospital with a newborn, but today we were much more relaxed.

I still wasn't comfortable taking Adrian into the store just yet and I was nervous about how long he'd last on a car ride, but all went well.

At this moment both boys are sleeping soundly in their beds while Aaron and I relax.

Aaron will be out of town tomorrow, so I'll be flying solo (so to speak). My mom and sister are always around to help, but I prefer to take care of the boys and chores myself as much as possible.

Here is a side by side of my two boys. Mac is on the left and Adrian is on the right.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad y'all are doing well! I think Adrian looks so much like Mac!! I am also glad that BFing is going well!! Wishing you lots of easy days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the pics of them side by side. I agree with Dianna, they look so much alike! Major congrats to your sweet, growing family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the car ride home with the first is a really unforgettable moment. Yes you are so careful and cautious. I sat in the back seat with Fabrice for the long 5 minute car ride and never would have thought to deviate anywhere. We will probably stop off at the mall for the 2nd. :-) We shall see.

    ReplyDelete