![]() |
| This is me at 37w5d |
3/11 (37 Weeks) – Stressful
day. A disagreement happened with my mom
and Aaron and I felt stuck in the middle of it.
By the end of the day we had resolved it, but before that things started
to not feel right with me physically. I
felt a lot of pressure in my pubic area followed by a small trickle of
fluids. I thought it was probably
nothing to worry about, but also worried that I should leave that up to the
doctor to decide. Ultimately I called
the advice nurse who told me it was best to go into L&D to have the doctor
decide what that trickle was.
I got to the hospital and, while
in triage, I started having contractions.
Aaron was on standby with Mac.
When the doctor came in, he looked at my contraction monitor and asked
if I was feeling contractions. I told
him I started feeling them coming on as soon as I arrived at the hospital. He then said, “Well, they’re coming fairly
regularly. It’s possible you may have to
decide how you want to deliver sooner than you planned.” He was referring to whether I wanted a VBAC
or Cesarean delivery.
I texted Aaron about that and he
quickly asked what I wanted. In that
moment I realized that what I really wanted was not to go through the same
experience as with Macario and quickly responded “c-section.”
In the end the fluid was likely
urine, probably from baby pushing down on my bladder, and I was observed for
the contractions for a while, but eventually got released because they never
intensified. I attribute the
contractions to a very stressful day and assume that they will eventually taper
off as they always did with Mac.
That was the running theme of my
final weeks of pregnancy with Macario – days upon days of unproductive
contractions only to finally go into real labor and not progress enough to
deliver him vaginally.
After a discussion and weighing
the pros and cons, Aaron and I have decided to plan a scheduled c-section.
3/12 (37w1d) – Stayed home from
work. Yesterday was an exhausting day
and today I woke up with a splitting headache.
I stayed home to rest and play with Mac. It was nice to get a bit more concentrated
time just him and I. I am feeling really
badly about the fact that he is going to have to share me after his brother is
born, so whenever I can I try to spend my time giving him as much of my undivided
attention as possible.
3/13 (37w2d) – Still having
contractions off and on. Had period like
sensations today and felt a couple bouts of pressure in the lower region like
before. Also *TMI* warning. My BMs are changing. This makes me wonder if I’m closer to labor
than my actual due date, but really doesn’t matter because assuming I make it
to my next appointment (3/22) we will be picking a date for the c-section.
3/14 (37w3d) – Aaron and I
coordinated some dates to use for scheduling the c-section. I’m a little disappointed to know that I will
likely the baby before the end of this month.
I really wanted to have two April babies, but will accept whatever date
they give us assuming it does not interfere with Aaron’s schedule as he is
supposed to be out of town on 3/30 and has other obligations earlier in the
week. Of course he will adjust his
schedule as needed, but it would be best if they could provide us with dates
that work for all concerned.
3/15 (37w4d) – I have been
feeling really stressed out this week. Considering
Monday’s events, it’s a surprise I haven’t gone into full blown labor. Things have settled which makes me feel a bit
better, but ultimately we are planning now to move while I’m on maternity leave
and that is not really a fun prospect for me.
**TMI Warning** the BMs have gone back to normal. I again attribute the change to stress as it
has improved as my stress levels have lessened.
Also, I am not having as many
contractions today as most days.
3/16 (37w5d) – Today was another
full day of prepping for baby’s arrival.
I got my hospital bag packed (minus a few small items) and I also have
the boys clothes picked out to take with us.
Macario and I spent a lot of time
just hanging out doing whatever he wanted to do. I know I will miss getting to spend my time
and focus just on him whenever I choose.
I hope I am able to juggle both of these boys in a way that no one feels
shorted.
3/17 (37w6d) – Today was family
day. Aaron, Mac and I hung out together at
home for most of the day. We had a
special dinner and I got some more things done in preparation for baby. I felt great today except that the contractions
continue to plague me. I really would
rather wait until as close to the end of the month as possible to have the
baby, but I’m prepared to have him sooner rather than later just in case they
schedule my c-section for next weekend.
Aaron and I had my mom keep an
ear out for Macario after I got him to bed tonight so we could go to the store
to get some necessities. It was odd
being out without Mac because we never leave him behind unless we’re going to
work, but it was also sort of refreshing to be out alone with each other. I’m sure it will be a while before it ever
happens again!

No comments:
Post a Comment