Monday, March 4, 2013

Pregnancy No. 2: 35 Week Recap

2/25 (35 Weeks) – After a long weekend of working on house prep, I’m tired today. Fortunately I didn’t have to make dinner because I prepared lasagna last night and had plenty for leftovers tonight. Mac ate a little and then played while Aaron and I had dinner. It was a nice evening, but my mind started to wander as I tried to imagine how different our evenings will be when the new baby arrives. Sometimes I feel sad because I know that at first I’ll be pretty wrapped up in the new baby and will just be left to watch Aaron and Mac have fun together while I handle baby, but on the other hand once he’s old enough to participate in our evenings I'll be too happy to fret over anything I might have missed out on in the early days.

2/26 (35w1d) – Hip pain. My left hip is in excruciating pain! I did not have this sensation with Macario. At this stage of his pregnancy I was feeling pelvic pain, but I have not dealt with that in several weeks. I’m sure it’s my hips spreading and that there is nothing I can do about it, but it is very painful and I am finding myself holding back from even walking to the restroom because standing hurts so very much.

2/27 (35w2d) – Hip pain. It continues. No worse no better. We’re off to bed early tonight. I need it.

2/28 (35w3d) – No more hip pain! I went the whole day with no hip pain. I was afraid to even feel relieved as I thought I might jinx myself, but by the end of the day I am still having no pain and I feel safe announcing that now!

I also had a huge appetite today. The previous two nights I had only a spinach/berry smoothie for dinner and today it caught up to me. I couldn’t get enough to eat.  That was totally embarassing!

3/1 (35w4d) – Friday! The weeks are getting long as I approach my due date (and start of maternity leave). I felt great today and was super rested because Mac had a FANTASTIC night of sleep. If I can get him to sleep like that from this point forward then I should have no problem handling two kids. I won’t hold my breath though!

I went over to Kohls on a whim and caught a huge clearance sale. They had racks and racks of stuff marked down by 60-80% and they were offering an additional 20% off of the sale price. In the end I got $89 worth of stuff for the boys and only paid $14! Most of it is Mac’s size, but will eventually be passed down to baby boy so I bought it with both of them in mind. I can’t wait to go back with Aaron as I refrained from buying too much ‘cause I know he’d like to have some input.

3/2 (35w5d) - I was on my own with Mac most of the day which usually isn't a big deal.  The only issue today was that he seemed to be especially energetic and expected me to keep up which I'm having a hard time doing these days (probably ever, but especially now).

By the end if the day I was having contractions. I'm not even going to call then BH contractions because they were painful and felt like something might actually happen.

Baby boy was burrowing so low in my belly that I was feeling a lot of pains and pressure down below.  Both Aaron and my sister commented that he looked really low and that my belly had visibly changed shape.

Eventually he popped back up into place and the contractions stopped. I'm pretty sure that if my pelvis weren't poorly shaped he would have come this weekend.

Mac couldn't get through and my guess is that no matter how badly this little guy tries he isn't going to get out that way either.

3/3 (35w6d) - Aaron and I took Mac to the park today despite my crazy contractions from last night. I was nervous to be on my feet a lot because of the contractions I had last night, but I kept that to myself.  As I had thought I ended up having the same trouble tonight.  Theres definitely a battle of baby against my body going on now. Until just a few moments ago, he was burrowing down low in my pelvis again only to be forced back up after an hour or so.

The pain associated with all that activity was radiating around my back and really leads me to believe that if its up to him he will come early. Unfortunately for him, my body may be a tad more stubborn than he and he'll be stuck there until he is removed.

If you catch my drift, I'm saying I believe he will need to be taken via c-section. I'd bet on it.

This time I'm nervous about that possibility because I have Mac who I need to be around to care for. Though c-sections are considered to be a routine procedure these days, there are still risks associated and I get nervous that something could go wrong. More nervous than I was the first time. I'm more nervous in general now that I'm a mom and this is pushing my nervousness to it's peak.

On a lighter note, I stopped at Kohl's again today (on our way home from the park with Mac) and picked up 4 maternity tops. I figured that even though I have just about a month left, the clothes will fit me for a while even after I have him and I'll be happy to have them.  The four shirts I got totaled $120 regularly (1 at $36 and 3 at $28), but I paid just $21.33 for all four! I'm washing them tonight and wearing one to bed because I'm just so anxious to use them!
3/4 -Wow!  I can't believe I'm 9 months or 36 weeks along. It's still sinking in that I'm even pregnant. I wonder how surreal its going to feel to have two kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment