This was Adrian's first Easter and we kicked it off with a trip to the doctor!
He had his two day follow up appointment and all turned out well.
During the hospital stay they weighed him daily and by the time we left on Friday he was down to 6 lbs 4 oz. Today he weighed 6 lbs 7.7 oz. We were glad to hear that.
I also asked about whether he was jaundiced. In the hospital the pediatrician said he was mildly jaundiced and that they'd look at that again at the two-day appointment, but the doctor never mentioned anything until I asked.
He explained that every baby is actually born with some degree of jaundice, but to what degree is the real question. Adrian was very low for jaundice and also gained back weight since leaving the hospital so he had no concerns about it.
We left the appointment feeling reassured and proud. I also got an appointment with the lactation consultant for tomorrow morning. I really feel like I need help with correcting his latch, however, everything else is going amazingly well with breast feeding.
After the appointment this morning, aaron and I took the boys to pick up our new dog!
His name is Kiko. His previous family obviously loved him, but had become far too busy for a dog and so they sought out a family for him via the organization we had provided our contact info to last weekend.
Aaron communicated with the owner and arranged for us to meet him today and we decided to take him home!
This was a combination birthday/Easter present to both boys.
I'll share a pic tomorrow if I remember to take one.
After we picked up some dog supplies we headed off to a BBQ with Aaron's family and then came home to get Kiko situated.
Both boys are in bed and I'm headed for a shower. Got another busy day ahead tomorrow.
For some cuteness I'll share Adrian's hospital pictures. We ordered the first one as a birth announcement.







No comments:
Post a Comment