Monday, March 25, 2013

First Day of Maternity Leave

Today was my first day of maternity leave and I had big plans.

I was going to start using my routine chart to keep Mac and I from lounging in pjs all day and I had the following tasks in mind:

•Sanitize Mac's toys (lots of kiddy drool all over them this weekend)
•Clean out refrigerator
•All laundry
•Sterilize breast pump

But instead my day got completely away from me.

Instead Mac and I had to run to the grocery store first thing in the morning, where after getting completely rung up I discovered my check card was missing!

I had to suspend my transaction and run to the bank then head back to the store - setback #1.

Then on our way out of the parking lot we saw a fire truck in the parking lot. So Mac and I stopped to check it out. He would not interact with the firemen or lady, but did get a kick out of sitting on the truck. They thought his firetruck pjs were adorable - setback #2.

We came home and played in the backyard until naptime. I took the opportunity to sort laundry in hopes of getting a load started, but Aaron called and decided he wanted to change our dinner plans to lunch plans - setback #3.

After all that I pretty much lost motivation to do anything, so then I just decided to play with Mac in the yard for the rest of the day.

Fortunately, my sister thought to soak the toys as well so she took care of that for me and I eventually got around to doing some laundry and did get the bedding changed, so some things did get accomplished.

Most importantly, I got some really good quality time in with Aaron and Mac and that to me is time well spent. I was happy to change plans in order to get more quality time with them. The rest will come together eventually.

Still don't know how to move pics up so here are some pics from our day in order of mention above:





1 comment:

  1. Cooper has those same pjs and wore them last night!! Sorry you had setbacks but glad you still had a good day with your boys.

    ReplyDelete