Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Weekend: March 16/17

Saturday

I busted through a bunch of tasks/errands on Saturday.  Most of them were items from my to do list. It felt great to accomplish as much as I did, but I did not accomplish everything on my list.


Running Errands with Mommy and "Framma" aka Grandma
My real focus, this weekend, was getting in some quality time with Mac. Anytime he wanted to stop and sit with me or have me do something with him I did it.  I feel as if I've been overly cautious of making sure that I am giving him as much of my attention as possible these last few weeks/days.
Exhausted after errand running
Usually, I struggle really hard to balance out time with him and accomplishing tasks, but not this weekend.

Still, I was very productive and even got some things done that were not on my original list. I should have written them down too, so that I could have the gratification of marking them off, but I didn't.

I am most proud that I was able to complete the task of taking Mac's 2 year pictures.  This year I wanted to try them myself versus having them done.  I did have an appointment with the same studio as last year (for backup) but gave it a shot first and I have to say I'm really glad I did them. Here is a sneak peek:


After pictures, I let him run around outside, in just a diaper and t-shirt because it was a warm day, but that was a mistake as he soon fell and scraped his knee.  He was so upset when he saw the blood.  He had never seen blood before, so when he saw it he cried, "Oh no, mama!  It has 'tolor'!"  I think he was confused as to why his knee turned red so he told me it had color - funny little guy.

His First Scraped Knee
Sunday

St. Patrick's Day!  Mac and I skipped church again (shame).  However, Aaron had yet another work commitment, but requested a family breakfast afterward, so Mac and I stayed to prepare pankcakes, eggs and potatoes.

We had plans to go to the zoo and possibly some outlet shopping, but Aaron was understandably exhausted and I was really more keen to stay home and do some more nesting so that's what we did.

Mac was in the sweetest mood all weekend and made being home just hanging out really fun.

He dirtied his green shirt so he wore a blue and orange shirt that said  "pinch me..."


The three of us ate dinner together and then we let Mac have a scoop of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles on it for dessert.  He was beyond thrilled and kept thanking us.

I am really happy about how our weekend shaped out, especially considering it may be the last weekend we have as a family of three!

I will be meeting with my doctor on Friday 3/22 to schedule the c-section and hopefully they can fit us in next weekend as it works best considering Aaron's schedule the week following.

1 comment:

  1. I love the birthday pic of Mac! I can't believe how close you are!

    ReplyDelete