Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Intro: A Blog a Day

I don't know if I can do it, but I really want to do a blog post everyday for the entire first year of life as a mommy of 2 and starting today I think I will try!  Most will probably be brief, but that's probably preferable to my usual (lengthy) posts!

This makes blog #1 and exactly one week to go before baby number 2 is here.  We will have our scheduled c-section on March 27, 2013.

I decided I wanted to do this after following another blogging mommy (Sarah @ Life with the Ladniers) on her journey through life as a first time mom.  She posted a blog every day of the entire first year of her son's life and has continued it since his birthday.  She is so sweet, has such a great perspective on life, and has become a real role model to me.  Not only as a mom, but as a person. She does a lot of self-reflecting and having the blog as an outlet really seems to help her do that as well as being a great way to document memories she makes with her son and husband.

My everyday intention is to be better than I was the day before and be someone I would be proud for my kids to be like, so hopefully taking time to blog everyday will help me reflect more on the choices I make everyday.  Also, I really wish I had done more to document my life as a first time mom.  Mac is only 23 months old, but I don't feel as unexperienced as I did then and I'm not the same person I was then.  I realize that I have forgotten what it was like to be a "new mom" and what it was like to have a baby.  It's all coming back to me now that I am about to embark on the journey for the second time, but I will never be that "new mom" again and I miss the things I don't remember about that time.

I don't want to lose the chance to capture my feelings and experiences this time around.  So, wish me luck and to anyone reading: I hope you enjoy!

1 comment: