Kids really do say the darnest things, and my son is no different. He is a sponge, as all kids are, and hears everything people say. I also love that he adds his own logic to things to come up with the silliest responses to stuff.
Here are some of the funny things he's saying lately. You'll notice some of the things we say to him are backfiring on us!
- While coaxing him out of bed to have breakfast, he said to me, "Mommy, go in the kitchen right now!" This one is only cute becuase he's 2...
- As Aaron was messing with Mac's feet, Mac says, "Daddy! No touch feet. I spank you!" This one is just funny because it is!
- I say to Mac, "I love you, son." Mac replies, "Thank you." Apparently he's too important to love me back. Sigh.
- I once bought him M&M's during a grocery shopping trip. The next time we pulled into the parking lot of that store he exclaimed, "Yay! Chocolate Story!!" clearly he meant choloate store! Can anyone say, "Chocoholic?"
- One day while playing with Adrian, Mac says to him, "No kicking, brother. Not nice." This was as Adrian was doing all those involuntary newborn jerky movements! Glad our lessons are sinking in. Now if only we could get him to adhere to them himself...
- When he's really bothered by something someone is doing, he doesn't mess around with saying the whole word "stop" he just aggressively makes the sound for the letter S and clenches his fists. He's fiesty and he means business! Sometimes I pester him just to get him to "ssss!" at me.
- If he recognizes something as being cute he will say, "Aw! Look at him!" He's pretty darn cute himself!
- When something is gross he will say, "Ca-ca Poo-poo!" Truthfully, I don't know where he picked up that phrase.
- One of his favorite books to read is entitled "Dinosaurs Galore" he calls it "Di-sore Dabore!" I try to get him to say this as much as possible because I know one day he will learn to say it properly and I'll miss his little twist on the word.
- If being scolded, Mac will make his lion roar sound to tune out the lecturing. I have a hard time not laughing at this.
- Lastly, some of the most memorable conversations I've had with him involve me saying things I never imagined I would have to say. Such as, "We don't touch our poop, son." The funniest part is I will say it like it's totally normal to talk about touching poop or whatever absurd thing I say and it's not until later that I think, "Did I really just say that?"
Love these! I wish our boys could play together!
ReplyDelete