Thursday, May 9, 2013

6 week update

I don't think I've done an update every week, but six weeks is major.

I was supposed to have my six week postpartum check, but due to the move I wasn't able to make it. I'll probably reschedule for next week.

As a whole I'm doing perfectly well in my healing and adjusting to life as a mommy of two. I definitely do have those moments that I feared as in not being able to attend to Mac as fully as I could before Adrian was here.

It's not as if Mac is neglected, but sometimes he'll want me to run over and see something, but Adrian will be feeding or otherwise needing of attention and I have to tell Mac I can't. I hate saying I can't, so I just decided that next time I will say, "Mommy will as soon as she finishes XYZ."

Mac is also pretty well adjusted. He loves his brother! He still runs to check on him often. Asks, "you 'kay brudder?" When e hears him cry. He shows him his toys and talks to him. I really couldn't expect a better reaction to this change.

Adrian is also doing well. He gave me his first giggles today! I am choked up now as I think about it. This time is so fleeting. I wish I could do more to capture it all forever so I could relive it anytime I wanted.

He is on a pretty regular routine eating every three hours. His usual wake time is an hour and a half followed by an hour and a half nap.

Currently, he is having a wakeful period from about 4 am to 6 am. It's odd, but hopefully its something he'll grow out of.

I often catch myself looking at him and forgetting he's not Macario. He looks so much like him to me and his temperament is sort of the same, so I have a hard time separating the two. In those moments I have to remind myself that he's his own person and that I have ANOTHER baby!

We are spending our first night in our new home and though its been an exhausting day, I think it's cool that we moved in on such a date marker!



1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie! I am glad you are all adjusting well and I hope you enjoy your first night in your new home!

    ReplyDelete