Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Adrian is 2 Months Old

Dear Adrian,

Welcome to the world my sweet boy.  I am so happy that you’re here.  This is the first of your updates I have beenable to do.   I’m sorry I didn’t startright away.  I hope that one day you’llread these and understand how much I love and treasure you.  Just as I do your big brother.

Before you were born, I wondered if I would be able to giveyou as much love as you deserve.  I feltthat my heart could only love so much and all the love I had was already beingshed onto your brother, but the moment you were born my heart grew.  I realized I have an endless capacity tolove. Each day I love you and your brother more as my heart continues to growand tries to fill itself!

In these last couple of months I have witnessed you fall inlove with your brother, daddy and to my great pleasure – me!

Watching you gaze at those two or being the recipient ofyour loving gaze is amazing.  Your eyesshine and are the most beautiful that I have ever seen.

You are cooing up a storm. Today as I left for work for the first time you cooed at me and smiledthe biggest smile as I said, “good bye.” That made it so hard to leave.

I absolutely love your giggle. There are no words todescribe how sweet that sound is.

As of this month you have been sleeping 6-7 hour stretchesat night! I must say thank you from the bottom of my heart for that! 

Our routine (which is always subject to change) has been athree hour pattern of eat, play, diaper change, sleep.  You have moments of difficulty, but mostlyyou’re super easy.  I used to have torock your brother and feed him a bottle to get him to sleep.  This is not ideal in the long term.  You on the other hand have been puttingyourself to sleep since you were born.  Ireally hope this stays the case!

You’ve been a bit more of a challenge than your brother inthat you don’t tolerate dirty diapers as well! I don’t mean to say I wish I could leave you in a dirty diaper for aslong as possible, but since I do have to juggle caring for the both of you Idon’t always get to change you as soon as you dirty yourself and when I don’t –we all pay!  You get so mad and cry thebiggest cry! That makes me feel awful, but as soon as I change you, you’rehappy again.

I think it’s safe to say that, for now, you only fuss whenyou have a need to be met.  I have notreally had any moments of not being able to console you.  Either you’re hungry, wet, tired or need toburp and, because your pattern is so consistent, I can usually decipher whichit is pretty quickly.

Your next check-up is on June 3rd.  I am excited to get you weighed and go overyour development with Dr. C (you and your brother share the samepediatrician).  I am not looking forwardto your vaccinations, but in our opinion they are a must for your well-being.  I hope you’ll appreciate that when you’reolder too!

Son, it has been a pleasure getting to know you and love youmore every day.  You’re a very welcomedaddition to our family.  We now feelcomplete with you in our lives.

Love,

Mommy








1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! I can't believe he is already 2 months old!

    ReplyDelete