So you can imagine that being the mother of two boys is an interesting twist in the road for me and its only going to get more interesting as time goes on.
Today, Mac walked up to me and handed me a bug. A BUG. It took every ounce of will power in my body not to freak out.
I would hate for my aversions to rub off on him so I really try hard not to show my disgust or offense to things. I want him to develop his own feelings about things rather than take on mine.
But the kid handed me a BUG...
To make matters worse I caught him concentrating on something. When I asked him what he was doing he said "mama, a ribbit!" Lately he is mixing up animal sounds and names, so when he said that I knew he thought he saw a frog.
I walked over and sure enough he had found a small cluster of frogs! Hideous, croaking frogs.
The next words out of his mouth were,"mama, touch a ribbit?"
Sorry son, this mama no touch a ribbit!
I snapped a pic for memory-keeping sake (because I'm weird like that) and then promptly walked away, leaving him to admire the ribbits for as long as he pleased.
I won't re-live the time Aaron creeped me out and left me in tears.
So far the only one of my boys who hasn't given me the heeby-geebies is Adrian.
...I give it a year or two
![]() |
| His shirt says "BOYS ARE AWESOME" |



Adorable!
ReplyDeleteCooper has recently started noticing bugs, but thank goodness he hasn't brought them to me...yet. I am sure it is just a matter of time!
ReplyDelete