I am still on an upswing in my mood. There are still tons to be done before I go back to work and lots of adjusting to come after that, but I feel so much better than I was feeling and I continue to improve.
It was odd to be so...depressed. I'm not like that at all usually. I feel, though, that I wasn't being honest with myself about how much I could really do both physically and emotionally.
I've definitely been refocusing my energy to things that fulfill and gratify me, like spending time with my boys.
Today, Mac, Adrian and I sat in the grassy areas of our complex to watch the ducks and geese in the lake.
Then, Mac played with his new friends in our cul-de-sac. He calls them by name and also refers to them as "fend" when he can't remember. He asks, "mama, I pay fends?" How can I say no to that?
They love him too. The younger of the two boys he plays with calls him "Cadio" which I think is super sweet.
I was also much more rested today than usual. Adrian did not have a wakeful period from 4-6 as usual and he also had an amazing nap day today.
I'm grateful for the difficult day I had on Saturday. It forced me to reevaluate and make decisions to help bring me back to my regular self. I focused on my sons and accomplished a few tasks, even ran some errands, but didn't over book myself. I was also well-rested (relatively speaking) and all of that was a recipe for a good mood!
Now please enjoy a couple of views of the lake from our cul-de-sac. The second is a picture of the geese and ducks, including a mother and her ducklings which Mac called, "mama, daddy, baby duckies".


Looks wonderful! Enjoy the time with your boys!
ReplyDelete