So I'm a day late. What's new. I can't seem to get anything done on schedule. I'm surprised I've had a streak of timely posts up until now (except one recently where my blogger app wouldn't post until the next morning).
I'm actually very concerned about how I'm going to manage my time when I go back to work! Thank goodness I have such understanding supervisors and that I'm well liked by my co-workers!
Despite all the concern and apprehension I feel with regard to work and all the adjustments we're facing, I'm in pretty good spirits.
Yesterday, Aaron took Mac out for a paddle boat ride on the lake in our community. Mac LOVED it! I had no doubt he would.
Meanwhile I was getting stuff ready to go to Aaron's meet, but before I got too far we decide against me and the boys going. It was going to be a 8+ hour day and I had plenty I could do with that time, but mostly, that stood to be a long day for them. Especially Mac, and therefore, me.
So, we stayed back and worked on things here at home. I made real macaroni and cheese for lunch and had enough to freeze a couple of extra servings for Mac's lunches once I go back to work.
Adrian has been wearing all of Mac's old baby clothes which is so much fun. I just love seeing them in action all over again. There are a couple of outfits, though, that stand out in my memory the most. Adrian wore one of those outfits yesterday and it prompted me to recreate a picture I took of Mac when he was around Adrian's age (a week older actually).
That picture finally convinced Aaron of their resemblance to one another. He disagreed that they looked alike, at least as much as I thought they did. He said they looked like twins.
I see the differences now and then, but mostly I see Mac all over again when I look at Adrian.
There are times when I look at him, and I'm teleported back to when Mac was his age. I get such déjà vu!
As if its not mind blowing enough that I have two sons, I had a reminder today when one of Mac's friends came to the door asking if Mac could come out.
I felt like that moment officiated my parenthood. Like, I'm a real mom now when my son is old enough to have friends coming to the door asking for him to come out and play!
When did this happen?!
We went out and played of course and the got straight to dinner, bath and bed after.
He sleeps so well now that he has that play time in the evenings.
Anyhow. Today will be a two-fer post day since I missed yesterday and have something special to blog about today.
Off I go to post about that...






No comments:
Post a Comment