I'm back at work today. Actually I'm at my desk now going through emails and I already need a break!
It was difficult to leave the boys this morning. I got choked up and cried even though I didn't think I would. I've done this before, so I really thought I'd be fine. Sad, but fine.
The boys were both so cute and happy this morning and that made it difficult for me to leave them. I will get to see them at lunch, and they will be waiting for me at home when I get off, so I'm comforted by that.
Aaron and I have already exchanged text messages about how strange it feels for me to be gone, but this is reality.
My boss asked me how I felt about being back and I told him it was bittersweet. I did not want to leave them, but these last 9 weeks have been a complete fantasy. Today, we're back to reality and though I'm not happy to leave my sons, I'm happy to be getting situated in our routine. I have felt a little in limbo up until now.
Just a little over an hour until I get to head home for lunch with my boys (all three of them). I can't wait!


Is Aaron watching the boys while you work?
ReplyDelete