Sunday, May 19, 2013

Macario is 25 Months Old

Dear Son,

Today, you are 25 months old! Please forgive me for not writing a proper update for your 2nd birthday. This one will encompass as much of the latest developments as I can remember going back to your second birthday.

For starters, your second birthday was a special day. Your brother was here to celebrate it and the four of us spent the day together having the best time!

Today, you saw pictures of your birthday party and started singing the birthday song. That's the first time you have ever sung a song. I always try to sing songs and teach you to sing them with me, but you always tell me to stop. Not in a nice way either!

You seem to enjoy having a brother. I've said it before, but since the very beginning you seemed to love your brother. Lately, you want to hold him yourself or kiss him.
In church today
You're always checking up on him and wanting to comfort him when he's sad. Becoming a big brother also increase your desire to help. You were a good helper before, but you are even more so now especially when it comes to helping with him.
Big Brother!
Helping Daddy comfort brother
There have been a lot of changes in your life the last couple of months. Beside becoming a brother, we moved to our new home.

I have no real way of knowing what you think of the place because these days when we ask you a question you just repeat it and say, "ok!"

For instance, I'll ask, "do you like your new home, baby?" and you'll say "wike a new home, baby? Okay!" It's really cute, but not helpful at all.

Based on your behavior though I would assume you like it.
Riding the paddle boats on the lake in our community

You walk around like you own the place and you recognize the area already. When we pull into the neighborhood you say, "home now!"

In the short time we've been here you've made quite a few friends. Today you and your two best buddies played "basketball" at least you guys thought you were playing basketball.

Your social nature is really coming alive. It's not as if we didn't know you were friendly or outgoing, but now we realize you like being with your friends. Really you like being with people, but you LOVE being with your friends. You ask me to take you to play with them everyday.

I wish we had met them a few months earlier. Then they could have come to your birthday party!

That really was a fun day. You were so enthusiastic about everything and loved celebrating with everyone. In those aspects you're a lot like me. I keep telling daddy to be prepared for you to be a very social guy. That's not his personality at all, so he just shakes his head at me.






Another change was getting your first big boy haircut! Daddy and I talked about it, but when we did it, it was very spurn if the moment.

It was cut super short, but suited you well and I think you thought so too!



On the day we came home from the hospital with your brother, Daddy bought you a hat. You picked it out yourself and obviously love it. You wear it everywhere. You even wore it in the bath once!


I couldn't do this update without mentioning that hat!

Son, you're so special to me. I love everything about you and find more to love everyday. I don't know what I did to be deserving of you, but I'm glad I did it because I love being your mommy.

I hope you always know that.







1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I can't believe how grown up our boys are! Paddleboating on the lake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete