Today was a much better day than yesterday. Most of that is due to me deciding to have a better attitude.
I wanted to appreciate my life. I am so appreciative of my children. At one time in my life I actually thought I'd never get to experience motherhood and yet, here I am with two beautiful blessings.
I didn't get a card; I wasn't given any presents, but I got to spend another beautiful day with the two most precious gifts I've ever been given.
The day did start out rough - I'll be honest.
I was still feeling low about myself and in addition, I was upset about an unresolved conversation Aaron and I had about my feelings last night.
And then he left to work without wishing me a happy Mother's Day. That was just like fuel to the fire until I decided to change my attitude.
I looked in the rear view and saw my sons smiling face. Macario is definitely the sweetest boy I know.
He's the best hand-holder EVER! That makes this overly-affectionate mother soooo happy.
He kept asking, "mama, hold hands?" and reaching his hand out for mine.
He was an angel in church and a trooper as we waited in line at the store.
I'm so blessed in my life with a son as wonderful as he!
Then there is Adrian. Yesterday, I was frustrated that he wouldn't let me put him down long enough to get anything done. Today, however, I realized that one day he'll be off on his own, not wanting to be held and I'll be sad. So today I held him as much as possible.
I was the mother I always want to be today. Loving, attentive, affectionate, stern when needed, and kind.
I gave them everything I had today and I felt so good about it.
Most days I try to give my all, but life does interfere. Today I put it all aside and I plan to do that as much as possible every day from here on out!
Today was a great Mother's Day!
And thank you to you three wonderful women for helping uplift me today. I love and appreciate you too!
Lovely Mimi! Happy mother's day!
ReplyDeleteI too did not get a card, presents, or anything special, but I still try to remember how blessed I am. I reminded myself of all of the women that wish they were in our shoes. But it is hard when everyone is talking about what they got or what their husband did.
ReplyDelete